Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- We got it! fb.me/1CqrsOGcF 1 day ago
- Last day. Last session. Great, great, great Summit! See you next year. 1 week ago
- John Kennedy recaps Summit w/ideas to embrace the "wave" and invest in tourism now! @johnishakeitup #mdtourism http://t.co/ggfLjjnslz 1 week ago
- RT @USPonyRacing: Congrats to @MdEquines Margaret Worrall Ellen Moyer @rosspeddicord Angela Reynolds for their @MDTourism award http://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @WatermarkYacht: Congratulations to our own Jennifer DeLancey, New Professional of the Year from @MDTourism! #mdtourism http://t.co/x96n… 1 week ago