Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Meet our Summit Mascot - Teddy Tourism. He just registered for the Summit. Have you? fb.me/6On0JIRrM 1 day ago
- The mission of the Maryland Tourism Council (MTC) is to Connect, Educate, and Represent Maryland's tourism... fb.me/2sN4LPyuA 1 week ago
- RT @iexplore: Who could turn down a view like this? You need to be in Maryland this weekend. buff.ly/1ytmYDf @MDTourism http://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- SUBMIT your nominations for the 2014 Maryland Tourism Council Professional and Marketing Awards today! DEADLINE... fb.me/3cCTHr6Fs 3 weeks ago
- Don't miss out!! Get your MTC AWARD NOMINATIONS submitted today! Deadline is September 30th!... fb.me/3fni7X3cS 4 weeks ago