Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Teddy Tourism loves OceanCity.com. Do you? fb.me/6OtbMvhy1 2 days ago
- Meet our Summit Mascot - Teddy Tourism. He just registered for the Summit. Have you? fb.me/6On0JIRrM 4 days ago
- The mission of the Maryland Tourism Council (MTC) is to Connect, Educate, and Represent Maryland's tourism... fb.me/2sN4LPyuA 2 weeks ago
- RT @iexplore: Who could turn down a view like this? You need to be in Maryland this weekend. buff.ly/1ytmYDf @MDTourism http://t.co/… 4 weeks ago
- SUBMIT your nominations for the 2014 Maryland Tourism Council Professional and Marketing Awards today! DEADLINE... fb.me/3cCTHr6Fs 4 weeks ago