The Maryland General Assembly closed Sine Die last night, but not before voting to fully fund the Maryland Tourism Development Board’s marketing and promotion budget at $6M. After much wrangling and discussion, this is a tremendous win for Maryland’s tourism industry…virtually no other budget item remained in tact. Thank you to all the Maryland General Assembly for understanding how important tourism is to Maryland’s economy and thank you to all the members of the industry who worked so hard making the phone calls and emailing their legislators. You really did make this happen.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- This just in from US Travel: America is Under-Vacationed. Check out this analysis of our vacation culture state... fb.me/5qNkXwWdS 6 hours ago
- Thank you to the WONDERFUL Women of Worcester for helping to plan and support MTC'S Summer Soiree at Clarion... fb.me/6E01IiSM9 3 days ago
- Congrats to MTC members HdG!! fb.me/sGpNXWXn 4 days ago
- The Clarion Hotel at sunset is sparkling with activity. Family activities, amazing live music and Lenny's Beach... fb.me/32dpNXxRs 5 days ago
- Groovin' in the Grass!! fb.me/90HcH3fS1 5 days ago