The Maryland General Assembly closed Sine Die last night, but not before voting to fully fund the Maryland Tourism Development Board’s marketing and promotion budget at $6M. After much wrangling and discussion, this is a tremendous win for Maryland’s tourism industry…virtually no other budget item remained in tact. Thank you to all the Maryland General Assembly for understanding how important tourism is to Maryland’s economy and thank you to all the members of the industry who worked so hard making the phone calls and emailing their legislators. You really did make this happen.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Time to start making your travel plans for MTTS Nov 8-10! Our host hotel is GORGEOUS. A little birdie said it was... fb.me/8lQOrOpiz 10 hours ago
- fb.me/vfq1azu5 16 hours ago
- Our MTTS Committee is in search of PRIZES! This is an excellent way to promote the best of Maryland and YOUR... fb.me/8tj9ZDizd 4 days ago
- Recognize excellence and nominate a worthy project or tourism professional for a job well done! Don't wait- The... fb.me/wUKyuI3O 5 days ago
- Will you be at the table with prospective clients? Exclusive MTTS 2017 sponsorships still available but space is... fb.me/B2uvZqnF 6 days ago