The Maryland General Assembly closed Sine Die last night, but not before voting to fully fund the Maryland Tourism Development Board’s marketing and promotion budget at $6M. After much wrangling and discussion, this is a tremendous win for Maryland’s tourism industry…virtually no other budget item remained in tact. Thank you to all the Maryland General Assembly for understanding how important tourism is to Maryland’s economy and thank you to all the members of the industry who worked so hard making the phone calls and emailing their legislators. You really did make this happen.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Ho Ho Ho Holiday Shopping - Shop Local! Many Midnight Madness events, First Friday events - City of Annapolis... fb.me/1H1qph1lX 1 week ago
- This just in...... fb.me/1wD1CgT7W 1 week ago
- A message from our friends at the Maryland Tourism Education Foundation #givingtuesday fb.me/3ZU7q64RM 1 week ago
- Check out Maryland's Holiday Happenings! visitmaryland.org/insider-guide/… fb.me/M2iNKOhT 1 week ago
- The Coolest! fb.me/92onhOZAe 2 weeks ago