The Maryland General Assembly closed Sine Die last night, but not before voting to fully fund the Maryland Tourism Development Board’s marketing and promotion budget at $6M. After much wrangling and discussion, this is a tremendous win for Maryland’s tourism industry…virtually no other budget item remained in tact. Thank you to all the Maryland General Assembly for understanding how important tourism is to Maryland’s economy and thank you to all the members of the industry who worked so hard making the phone calls and emailing their legislators. You really did make this happen.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Have you registered for Tourism Day? Coming to Annapolis February 16th. Register today!... fb.me/1EQNx2WCb 1 month ago
- Baltimore County Winter Restaurant Week kicks-off today! These amazing dining deals are brought to you Baltimore... fb.me/8aart6lmA 2 months ago
- Harford County Restaurant Week starts today! These delicious deals are brought to you by our members Visit... fb.me/8RRb1Td0x 2 months ago
- Hogan administration creates a new support network to help businesses comply with the paid sick leave... fb.me/2prkcNk9U 2 months ago
- Let's hear it for Hagerstown- one of America's top cities! Visit Hagerstown-Washington County Convention &... fb.me/9HDX6toj5 2 months ago