As we told you last week, the Senate subcommittee that has jurisdiction over the Maryland Office of Tourism/Maryland Tourism Development Board met yesterday and voted to cut the MTDB budget from the mandated $6M to $4M. They then further restricted $300,000 to be spent to keep open specific Welcome Centers: Pocomoke, Crain Highway, I-70 East and West and Mason Dixon, which essentially cut the marketing budget to $3.7. Out of that $3.7M, the Maryland Tourism Development Board must fund $2.5M in marketing grants to the counties next year, which leaves $1.2M for the Maryland Tourism Development Board to use to market the State of Maryland to potential tourists.
Please call the members of the Maryland Budget and Taxation Committee today (the final vote in the Senate Committee is scheduled for Thursday) and tell them to vote to fully fund the Tourism Development Board at $6M.
Senate Budget and Taxation Committee
Senator Ulysses Currie, Prince Georges County, 410-841-3127
Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer, Baltimore-Howard, 410-841-3653
Senator David Brinkley, Frederick, Carroll, 410-841-3704
Senator James DeGrange, Anne Arundel, 410-841-3593
Senator George Edwards, Allegany, Garrett, Wash., 410-841-3565
Senator Verna Jones, Baltimore City, 410-841-3612
Senator Nancy King, Montgomery, 410-841-3686
Senator Richard Madaleno, 410-841-3137
Senator Nathaniel McFadden, Baltimore City, 410-841-3165
Senator Donald Munson, Washington County, 410-841-3609
Senator Douglas Peters, Prince Georges, 410-841-3631
Senator James Robey, Howard, 410-841-3572
Senator Lowell Stoltzfus, Somerset, Wicomico,Worcester, 410-841-3645
Senator Bobby Zirkin, Baltimore County, 410-841-3131
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- This just in from US Travel: America is Under-Vacationed. Check out this analysis of our vacation culture state... fb.me/5qNkXwWdS 6 hours ago
- Thank you to the WONDERFUL Women of Worcester for helping to plan and support MTC'S Summer Soiree at Clarion... fb.me/6E01IiSM9 3 days ago
- Congrats to MTC members HdG!! fb.me/sGpNXWXn 4 days ago
- The Clarion Hotel at sunset is sparkling with activity. Family activities, amazing live music and Lenny's Beach... fb.me/32dpNXxRs 5 days ago
- Groovin' in the Grass!! fb.me/90HcH3fS1 5 days ago