Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Is anyone else excited to visit Baltimore? Our MTTS host committee has planned an amazing welcome reception and... fb.me/SCdsUclL 16 hours ago
- Tourism & Economic Development: A Win-Win! Don't miss our MTTS General Session Thursday Nov 3rd with ADAM SACKS... fb.me/4m8u4qDOc 1 day ago
- Hear from Plank Industries CEO Tom Geddes then tour Under Armour's City Garage Innovation Center at MD Travel &... fb.me/5nEU5Oa0u 2 days ago
- Does your brand resonate with your target market? Hear from tourism expert and author Bill Geist about this and... fb.me/1tFMquXfp 3 days ago
- TOURISM TOWN HALL CONNECTS MTC MEMBERS WITH LEGISLATIVE PANEL. HAVE YOU REGISTERED FOR MTTS ? YET?... fb.me/1vPDiNmSQ 6 days ago