Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Have you registered for Tourism Day? Coming to Annapolis February 16th. Register today!... fb.me/1EQNx2WCb 4 weeks ago
- Baltimore County Winter Restaurant Week kicks-off today! These amazing dining deals are brought to you Baltimore... fb.me/8aart6lmA 1 month ago
- Harford County Restaurant Week starts today! These delicious deals are brought to you by our members Visit... fb.me/8RRb1Td0x 1 month ago
- Hogan administration creates a new support network to help businesses comply with the paid sick leave... fb.me/2prkcNk9U 1 month ago
- Let's hear it for Hagerstown- one of America's top cities! Visit Hagerstown-Washington County Convention &... fb.me/9HDX6toj5 1 month ago