Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Thanks to the Havre de Grace Chamber for having Wini/MTC as their guest speaker yesterday. Photographed from left... fb.me/Lzlbif1C 1 week ago
- Congratulations to all of our partners at the State and in Dorchester County who are bringing this amazing... fb.me/5vLCXF4IY 1 week ago
- Congratulations to MTC member Pete Magione of Turf Valley Resort who was just awarded GM of the Year at MHLA... fb.me/1UFFD428y 1 week ago
- It's FeBREWery! So happy to kick off this event with The Governor, the Brewery Association and our tourism... fb.me/7UOxsoAuB 2 weeks ago
- Have you visited the Government Affairs page on the MTC website? There find all types of resources to help your... fb.me/5k3YjKtAq 2 weeks ago