Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- @visitbaltimore #TourismWorks4md baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz… https://t.co/5AEFk5syVx 1 week ago
- Thank You Robinson Nature Center the venue was spectacular! Experiencing the seasons in the tree of life to... fb.me/25Z2HMr3U 1 week ago
- The Welcome Reception at The Robinson Nature Center was excellent; from experiencing the season through the tree... fb.me/2980WzrZu 1 week ago
- Please check out the #MTTS2015 photos here, provided by KRR Photography.... fb.me/2KqG87D3x 2 weeks ago
- Thank you to KRR Photography for the photos of #MTTS2015... fb.me/2edGXGcDP 2 weeks ago