Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Reason #3 to attend the MTC Spring Expo next week - inspiration! Take a day to recharge and gather inspiration to... fb.me/8dZ37TmaR 2 days ago
- Meet & Eat at MTC's Spring Expo June 1! mdtourism.org/w/springexpo/ fb.me/4M0WA5YQI 1 week ago
- It was a beautiful night at Turf Valley's Hot Air Balloon Festival! Thanks to Pete Mangione and his staff for... fb.me/2LwS43Viv 1 week ago
- Exciting news was shared today at the Chesapeake Gateway Chamber about their new tourist attractions including... fb.me/2VJHOb2Bm 1 week ago
- Had a great morning with sales and hotel executives at the BWI Hotel Sales Network. I enjoyed learning about the... fb.me/7kaRciCi2 1 week ago