Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- HAPPENING NOW in Baltimore County! RESTAURANT WEEK- July 31-August 15th! #baltimorecounty #restaurantweek... fb.me/2nafLPUQO 21 hours ago
- RT @downtowndiane: Starts Friday #Baltimore County. Make Your Reservations...Menus Posted. DowntownDiane.net Proud Partner Again htt… 1 week ago
- Our very own Deb Carter, longtime MTC Board Member & Executive Director of the MD Association of Campgrounds... fb.me/58X01hNJ0 2 weeks ago
- Taste tradition with Crisfield’s Crab and Clam Bake fb.me/1RWxuHgcO 2 weeks ago
- Sponsorship Opportunities for the Maryland Tourism & Travel Summit are filling up- Platinum,Gold,Silver and... fb.me/3W0kZS6LV 3 weeks ago