Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- MTC Supports Maryland Breweries! Join us and the Brewers Association tomorrow at Key Brewery in Dundalk! fb.me/TM7w1NoW 13 hours ago
- Happy First Day of Spring! This is the famous Hunt Scene from Ladew Gardens which opens April 1st! fb.me/Nm554jWU 1 week ago
- A HAPPY & SAFE ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL! Check out this list of ways to celebrate in Maryland!... fb.me/2SV4BaS2j 1 week ago
- ATTENTION MEMBERS: PAID SICK LEAVE BILL SUMMARY... fb.me/4Q2J0pJ1O 1 week ago
- fb.me/8My0XS0RE 1 week ago