Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- An MTTS Thank you from Wini! fb.me/P8MbP21g 6 days ago
- Check out these pictures from our event sponsor and great friend of Maryland Tourism - KRR Photography! Find your... fb.me/AiEs8Jkw 1 week ago
- Another highlight of MTTS 2017! Thank you Mr. County Executive. fb.me/97pozzf9y 1 week ago
- The pint-size Aussie, self-proclaimed Energizer Bunny, Neel James kicked off today's events at #MTTS2017 with a... fb.me/1mdUZDoVN 1 week ago
- MD Dept. of Commerce Secretary Mike Gill fired up the tourism troops during his energetic talk this afternoon at #MTTS2017! #TourismWorks4MD 1 week ago