Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Just daydreaming about MTC's Spring Expo at Linganore June 1st Register here mdtourism.org/w/springexpo/ fb.me/296PcQBAs 14 hours ago
- It was great to catch up with our partners at KRR photography and see all of the great work they are doing around... fb.me/6mRW6oVor 19 hours ago
- Thank you Visit Annapolis and the Ram's Head Tavern for hosting Bill Geist and his insightful presentation on the... fb.me/4D21ZnTPr 2 days ago
- Register today for MTC's Spring Expo! eventbrite.com/e/mtc-go-local… 1 week ago
- MTC was happy to attend the Maryland Tourism Development Board Meeting today and loved hearing about all the... fb.me/46mkqzOxB 1 week ago