Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Last chance for Discounted MTC Tickets for Holiday in the Park! mdtourism.org/w/holiday-in-t… fb.me/5cycS1XQ6 1 week ago
- Register today for the inaugural Grow Maryland Summit growmaryland.org/grow-maryland-… fb.me/4bAc451oD 2 weeks ago
- growmaryland.org/grow-maryland-… fb.me/2zRsuuPtK 2 weeks ago
- Congrats to new MTC Board Chair Michael Haynie on his recent election. His editorial on post-Labor Day school... fb.me/5l75nrUpQ 3 weeks ago
- Happy Veteren's Day! MTC Thanks members of the military past and present for their honorable service. fb.me/39oUgi0By 4 weeks ago