Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Excellent MTC board retreat today at Bon Secour Conference Center led by Board Chair Michael Haynie. Thank you to... fb.me/6aUy7Ihyd 1 day ago
- Thank you Prince George's County Conference & Visitors Bureau for hosting and supporting the Maryland Tourism &... fb.me/296ADo1g7 2 days ago
- Thank you Susan Elizabeth Seifert of Seifert & Associates for your tireless support MTC & our Annual Summit Nov... fb.me/4PpbJCh31 4 days ago
- A HUGE THANK YOU to Mike DeAnzeris of Meredith Travel Marketing for upgrading this year's MTTS sponsorship to... fb.me/1jrRCQerH 1 week ago
- MTC is delighted to Welcome the Black Eyed Susan Boat Havre de Grace as a New Member! Now calling her home in... fb.me/6mcbYpXCt 1 week ago