Maryland raised approximately $6 million in July from the increase in the sales tax on alcohol (from 6% to 9%). If the new revenue in July turns out to be the monthly average, it would add approximately $72 million a year, less than the $85 million projected, when the increase was approved. State officials caution that it is not realistic to forecast new revenues based on one month’s figures.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Please help us keep Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD in the lead on 10Best and USA TODAY's Readers'... fb.me/sYBNpsDq 5 days ago
- Rock the vote for Merriweather Post Pavilion! USA TODAY's Reader's Choice contest is live now! Howard County... fb.me/3u6xHFvlm 5 days ago
- fb.me/7wnN5EEYC 1 week ago
- fb.me/3U5Uhi2mH 1 week ago
- fb.me/7soKg7vop 1 week ago