The State Senate’s Budget and Taxation Committee is reviewing options to generate revenue for transportation. The proposals include increasing the 23.5 cent gas tax, a new 6% sales tax on gasoline sales, and raising registration, licensing and titling fees. They are also examining a regional sales tax that would be applied for counties directly affected by mass transit such as Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- This just in from US Travel: America is Under-Vacationed. Check out this analysis of our vacation culture state... fb.me/5qNkXwWdS 6 hours ago
- Thank you to the WONDERFUL Women of Worcester for helping to plan and support MTC'S Summer Soiree at Clarion... fb.me/6E01IiSM9 3 days ago
- Congrats to MTC members HdG!! fb.me/sGpNXWXn 4 days ago
- The Clarion Hotel at sunset is sparkling with activity. Family activities, amazing live music and Lenny's Beach... fb.me/32dpNXxRs 5 days ago
- Groovin' in the Grass!! fb.me/90HcH3fS1 5 days ago