The State Senate’s Budget and Taxation Committee is reviewing options to generate revenue for transportation. The proposals include increasing the 23.5 cent gas tax, a new 6% sales tax on gasoline sales, and raising registration, licensing and titling fees. They are also examining a regional sales tax that would be applied for counties directly affected by mass transit such as Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties.
Want to Receive the MTC Newsletter?
MTC Photo Gallery
- Have you registered for Tourism Day? Coming to Annapolis February 16th. Register today!... fb.me/1EQNx2WCb 1 month ago
- Baltimore County Winter Restaurant Week kicks-off today! These amazing dining deals are brought to you Baltimore... fb.me/8aart6lmA 2 months ago
- Harford County Restaurant Week starts today! These delicious deals are brought to you by our members Visit... fb.me/8RRb1Td0x 2 months ago
- Hogan administration creates a new support network to help businesses comply with the paid sick leave... fb.me/2prkcNk9U 2 months ago
- Let's hear it for Hagerstown- one of America's top cities! Visit Hagerstown-Washington County Convention &... fb.me/9HDX6toj5 2 months ago