The Maryland Tourism Education Foundation (MTEF) is a non-profit organization that serves to build the capabilities of Maryland’s tourism workforce.
The Maryland Tourism Education Foundation is working for you
•To provide easily accessible training for the incumbent workforce.
•To provide information that will help you design your tourism and hospitality career.
•To ensure the tourism and hospitality training provided in Maryland meets the needs of the industry.
We are a non-profit organization serving the industry and focused on building the capabilities of Maryland’s tourism workforce through education and training.
The need for a larger, skilled workforce in Maryland manifests itself every day.
MTEF strives to support and provide education and training programs to meet the industry’s need throughout the state.
MTEF helps support programs in the K-12 system and at the post-secondary level to enrich the image of the tourism industry. MTEF encourages professional development that serves to expand the potential of our workforce and ensure an economically successful future for Maryland’s tourism industry.
MTEF is working:
• To ensure the tourism and hospitality training provided in the State of Maryland meets the needs of the industry.
• To provide easily accessible training for the incumbent workforce.
• To provide information that will help both the emerging and the incumbent employee design and prepare for a successful tourism and hospitality career.
Primary Activities of MTEF
Working in active partnership with academia, businesses, corporations, and associations, MTEF works to:
• Identify and monitor of the education and training needs of Maryland’s tourism industry
• Develop and implement low-cost targeted training programs
• Support and enhance secondary and post-secondary school education programs
• Provide the resources needed for education and training studies and information
• Host and administer the annual Governor’s Tourism Industry Conference
• Develop and provide materials to aid in recruitment and retention of a skilled tourism workforce
• Seek additional and innovative measures for the professional development of Maryland’s tourism workforce.