• Lobby for increased funding for marketing and advertising through the Maryland Office of Tourism.
• Help implement a concise and predictable tourism highway signage policy.
• Work to secure additional funding for tourism-related capital projects.
• Encourage full participation between government agencies on tourism-related functions.
• Oppose government intrusion into private business.
• Oppose imposition or increases in any tourism-related, non-dedicated tax.
• Continue to protect the industry from over-regulation.
• Work with other business entities to control workers’ compensation and unemployment costs.
• Cooperation with other business entities to effect tort reform.
• Oppose mandated, employer-funded health benefits.
For additional information on the Maryland Tourism Council’s upcoming challenges, please call the office at 410-974-4473.